BETTENDORF, Iowa - How many times have you looked at a piece of lifeless chicken and you've run out of ideas for cooking?
1. Ingredients include medium rare chicken breast, one 8x8 sheet of puff pastry, ¼ cup sautéed mushrooms, a tablespoon of mozzarella cheese, one beaten egg for egg wash and ¼ cup of cream cheese. You’ll also need a raspberry glaze, Hunan sauce, and white pepper.
2. Flatten softened cream cheese in the center of the puff pastry
3. Pile mushrooms on top of the cream cheese.
4. Top with chicken breast.
5. Brush on a tablespoon of Hunan sauce.
6. Fold pastry over the chicken, mushrooms and cheese. Tuck in the sides and pinch the ends to seal.
7. Brush the closed pastry with egg wash.
8. Top the pastry with a tablespoon of mozzarella cheese.
9. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes until golden brown.
10. Remove pastry from tray and top with about 1 ½ tablespoons of raspberry glaze.
Add a little salad and you’ve got a completely different chicken meal for your family. Enjoy!